Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Six Runs and Wardrobe Malfunctions


It's interesting to see what kind of wear running takes on your body. After my second run I realized that one of my toenails was rubbing on the adjascent toe which left me with a small but moderately annoying scratch. The annoyance lasted for five days. Now, not only am I trimming my toenails really short, but I'm finding that I need to tape some of my toes to protect them.

Today I found something more annoying than a scratched toe -- a misplaced seam. All of the compression shorts
(BOXER JOCK from Under Armour) that I usually wear to run were dirty, so I wore another shorter pain of compression shorts. Whoa, did I learn my lesson. The chafing on my upper thighs got to the point after about 3 1/4 miles that I just stopped and walked home. First thing I did when I got home was put the Boxer Jocks I usually wear into the wash. Tomorrow after call I'm headed straight to the UA store to buy more.

I was aware of pulling muscles in the gym and the bruises from football. Now I've learned the hard way about the dangers of being a runner.

Run was pretty good today otherwise. Happy about my overall pace over the week. Six runs in seven days. Total of 16.84 miles.



No comments: