Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mambo Run #5

My attending said something funny to me yesterday after rounds. She told me that contrary to what she had heard about me, I was actually a really good intern! Compliment? Well, I took it that way. I'm uncertain who told her bad things about me. The only two attendings to formally evaluate me at the VA gave me all superior and excellent markings on my eval. Instead of losing sleep over who raked me over the coals, I'll just try to be pleased that I've impressed her. (But at the same time not forgetting that I've pissed someone off...)

Had my longest run today with the Nike+ system. My pace could have been better. I didn't realize until I finished with another half a mile at the best pace of the run, that I could have run the first part so much harder.
Link
I'm still hesitant to drop shift early in my runs.


My newest research project is moving along very nicely. I had a talk on the phone with the Assistant Director of Coriell Cell Repositories yesterday morning. This is a branch of the National Human Genome Research Institute and is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and distributing cell cultures and DNA derived from the cell cultures. The AD didn't think my project was a strong fit for the CCR, but did think it was an interesting project. Pretty cool to get a compliment from a scientist at that level.

No comments: