Because I've never cooked a turkey, I figured I'd just skip it and move on to goose.
This is the recipe that I want to try that I got from:
Will post pictures after I try it.
Christmas Goose recipe
- • 2 tangerines.
- • ¼ cup (½ stick) of melted butter.
- • ½ teaspoon of rubbed sage.
- • ½ teaspoon of salt.
- • ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- • 1 goose, 8-9 lbs, thawed if frozen.
- • 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- • 1 cup of orange juice.
- • 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- • Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- • Finely grate tangerine peel and set aside the tangerines.
- • In a bowl, combine the tangerine peel, 2 tablespoons of the butter, sage, salt and black pepper.
- • Place the goose in a large roasting pan and rub the butter mixture evenly over the entire bird.
- • Quarter tangerines and place in the cavity of the goose.
- • Roast for 30 minutes.
- • Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) and roast for 2 hours 30 minutes or until no pink remains inside, juices run clear and the internal temperature of the meat is 180°F (82°C), basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes.
- • Allow to sit 15 minutes before carving.
- • Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the remaining melted butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat.
- • Heat for 1 minute, or until sugar is melted, stirring occasionally.
- • In a bowl, combine the orange juice and cornstarch; mix thoroughly.
- • Add the orange juice mixture to the butter mixture and heat over medium-high heat, stirring until thickened.
- • Reheat sauce before serving with the goose.