Friday, March 09, 2007

Running Post Call

My second call this month at the VAMC was pretty tolerable. I only took two admission and cross-cover was only moderate. I had three vets who decided to have chest pain last night - one of which was actually having a heart attack.

The chest pain patients won't be as memorable as the cancer patient who threw me out of his room, told the entire nurses station and my attending that I "need to work on my bedside manner", then proceeding to bad-mouth me to everyone who entered his room for the rest of the day. Prior to this explosion I had consulted mental health for issues with the patient's depression. I ended up being immortalized in the consultation note as "the clown..." Oh well.

Had a good run this morning. Not really sure what was going on with my pace for the 3/4 of a mile. The Nike+ calculated it as a 5'34"/mile pace. Heck, if that's true maybe I should do my time trials post call!


I'm hoping this lighter jog will loosen me up for a time trial mile tomorrow. I'm going to try for a mile under 7'44". If today's first mile was accurate then, that shouldn't be a problem. I don't want to set too lofty of goals just yet. I'm not yet accustomed to running on pavement.

Shower time. I stink.

No comments: